- To provide Farsi classes for children and young people.
- To raise cultural awareness through music, arts, history, food and traditions.
- To help children and young people develop a stronger sense of identity.
- To help members develop new skills (e.g. team work).
- To increase young members employability by providing opportunities for volunteering.
- To increase opportunity for young people to access further and higher education.
IYDA is part of the youth service in the London Borough of Greenwich run by Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT). IYDA’s main aims are: